Friday, June 6, 2008

Introducing Mike Cruz Seniors Family

Hi All - I've been meaning to update our family's info since Reesa so thoughtfully started the Blog and I'm finally just getting around to it. As some of you may remember, my name is Michael Vincent Cruz Jr. son of Sr. (obviously, but I will admit there were times growing up where I was convinced I was adopted) and Rosalba Macias aka Rosey, born in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. I was born Jan 12th, 1977 in Pasadena, CA at Huntington Memorial Hospital. I have 2 younger, bratty but beautiful younger sisters, Michelle Angela Cruz, born Feb 18th, 1980 also in Pasadena and Mary Lousie Cruz (named after our amazing Aunt) born July 28, 1984 in Walnut Creek, CA at John Muir Hospital (Sorry Michelle, I don't know what hospital you were born but I think the milk man dropped you off:)

We lived in Pasadena CA until 1983 when father, working for AT&T, was transferred to Concord, CA (NorCal, 35 min east of San Francisco). In 1995 I graduated from an all boys private catholic school, De La Salle H.S., Michelle attended the all girls school across the street, Carandelet H.S., but she was way smarter than the rest of those girls:) and later decided to transfer to Clayton Valley H.S. Mary Graduated from Ygnacio Valley H.S. I guess the Cruz's wanted to try all the H.S. in the area for some reason? Shortly after I graduated from H.S. in 1995, Pop moved to Duluth GA where he lives today with his beautiful new wife, Wilma Valencia who I might add has kicked cancers ASS not once but twice!! And as you all saw she is more beautiful than ever!

In GA, Dad eventually retired from AT&T after 30 yrs of service in 1998. Since then, over the years he's kept himself busy by lending his expertise services to AT&T/Bellsouth as Tech Support Analyst, working for Nordstroms, where he hooks us kids up with great stuff, some other software company and by playing golf with his long time friends Ron and Joe and also playing their usual weekly games of mahjong with close neighbors Tom and Maria. I will add that Wilma, after she also retired from AT&T/Bellsouth, has the coolest job of them all. She is a professional personal shopper with Nordstroms and shops for a living!! I can't tell you how many people I know who would kill to be in her shoes.

Also in 1995 the girls, mom and I moved just over the hill to a city named Pittsburg .... No not Pennsylvania, but Pittsburg, CA. There I lived for 3 years before I went off to college in 1998 where I graduated in 2000 with a BA in Psychology (Aztecs for life, right Rachel!!) I lived in San Diego for almost 10 yrs and recently moved to LA to live with my girlfriend in Feb of 07 where I work as a Tech consultant for Silicone Valley Start Ups.

Still in the bay, mom is a professional hair stylist where she owned and operated her own salon for over 10 yrs. In 2002 mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and in 2003, like Wilma, whooped its ASS!! You should have seen her ........ didn't slow her down one bit. Probably the most inspirational thing ever! My hero. She currently has property all over CA and travels a lot. No one can seem to keep up with her still these days. She still is the best hair stylist/barber in the bay area. I should know since I was her guinee pig for years while she perfected her techniques on me. Man, you should have seen some of my haircuts:) Speaking of which, Michelle followed in mom's footsteps as a professional hair stylist but later moved down to LA around 2003 to pursue her career and becoming Brad Pitts personal assistant ....... she is still currently working on that one but in the mean time she free lances all over and she too is kicking ass and taking names where ever she goes, just ask anyone who knows her. As for the baby of the bunch, at the ripe age of 20 Mary bought her first huge house in Pittsurg where she currently lives today (Man I wish I had her financial planner!). She works at D.R Horton (Builder) as an executive assistant where she's been there for just over 4 yrs now and has survived 9 layoffs!! Hmmmm ..... I guess they must think she's cute.




Mom and Kids at Uncle Lou's and Auntie Delores 50th Wedding Anniversary


Auntie Delores, Mary and Uncle Lou



Dad's 60th in San Diego




Mary and Michelle





Dad & Wilma



Mary, Mike Jr, Michelle, Mike Sr.

1 comment:

reesa said...

Thanks for posting pics of your other sister who we didn't get a chance to meet. Hopefully next reunion on the Cruz Cruise.